Saturday, June 20, 2015

iPhone Storage Fills up with Calendar and Reminder Data

Problem Description:

My iPhone 6 storage fills up to 100% from Calendar and Reminder data.

There seems to be a bug in iPhone 6 that fills in 100% of available storage on my phone. Earlier, I had storage problem due to large amount of photos and videos, which I had to painfully delete from my phone. But, Calendar, which I least care takes around 6 GB of my iPhone space. The overall problem, I guess, was activating iCloud account. I would highly recommend not to activate iCloud account.

Finally after total frustration I had to reset my iPhone to factory setup. I didn't have time and patient after almost three to four days of serious research and so many tries to restore from backup.

Here are the things I tried but didn't work for me, probably for you it might work:

Deleting iCloud Account

I think this problem is related to iCloud account. So, try removing iCloud from your phone and see if it works. If you still need iCloud you can always log back in again and carefully unselect Calendar, so that you don't fill up your storage again.

Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars> iCloud and sign-out from iCloud.

Sign Out will take some time, probably ten minutes or so.

Restoring to earlier backup

This option also didn't work for me because my iPhone used to freeze and storage was still 100% occupied.

If anyone has any solution please comment.

1 comment:

  1. A common mistake almost everyone makes is to start the search when half the month has passed. You shouldn’t do that. Better apartments often get picked up by other people at the first third of the month. If you search for Furnished Apartment for rent in Dhaka at different stages of a month, you will get completely different results. So, If you are determined to get an apartment you would love to have, you should start searching at the first stage of the month too. I would recommend starting the search 2 months earlier. The broader range of time you get the possibility of finding the right apartment increases.

    ReplyDelete